Song Division Profile
Song Division is a first-of-its-kind global team building and experiential marketing company, working with groups of all sizes to build energy, reinforce key company messaging, and enhance creative thinking and performance in any industry through collaborative song writing sessions. The company specializes in conference energizers, incentives, team building, gala dinners/awards, fundraisers and experiential marketing campaigns.
Launched in Australia in 2003, Song Division was founded by musician and businessman Andy Sharpe, who pioneered the concept of interactive song writing, and has since expanded the platform to serve organizations through new and innovative methods.
Today, Song Division is a worldwide operation, offering a range of unique and engaging services across the Americas, Europe, the Middle East and Asia Pacific. Its clients include global brands and multinational companies such as Coca-Cola, Microsoft, PwC, Roche, Virgin and the British Government, as well as industry groups such as Meeting Planners International (MPI) and non-profits such as the Salvation Army and the Cerebral Palsy Alliance.
With a core management team composed of both renowned musicians and accomplished corporate executives, Song Division is unique in its ability to secure top musical talent while also connecting with an organization's specific audience in a way that best meets the client's needs.
Its roster of musicians has performed on some of the largest stages in the world alongside artists such as David Bowie and Sheryl Crow. All Song Division musicians undergo rigorous training in the Song Division method prior to leading a team.
Song Division participants need not have any previous musical experience; and no one is required to sing solo, unless of course they want to! Song Division offers a range of service options, which include:
• "Battle of the Bands" (Team Building) – Teams write original songs and compete against one another in a "Battle of the Bands" showdown.
• "Rock The General Session!" (Conference Energizer) – The band and room work in unison to write and perform an original song.
• "Rocking Reception" (Gala Dinners, Awards Nights & Fundraisers) – The band and group interact in a fun and low-pressure manner to write an original song in as little as 10 minutes.
• "Game Show" (Team building, Gala Dinners, Awards Nights & Fundraisers) – Teams put their rock knowledge to the test in this Name that Tune competition including musical challenges.
• Experiential Marketing – Businesses and their target audiences create an original song that highlights key themes and messages as part of a dynamic and interactive marketing campaign.
As an added feature on all service options, Song Division's musicians can double as the band at the evening's gala event.
Song Division sessions are both entertaining and practical, teaching critical problem solving and communication skills, and enhancing performance in any organization. Music is a powerful device that creates emotional connections to specific people, events and moments. By writing songs about event objectives, participants form closer emotional connections to the organization, brand, and, of course, each other.
With an international client roster, Song Division caters to groups from many countries and cultures. Its clients have successfully written lyrics in languages such as English, Spanish, French, Italian, German, Turkish, Arabic and Japanese, among others.
At the heart of the Song Division method is a singular drive to share the thrills and benefits of songwriting, using the best professional musicians and the company's pioneering and constantly evolving process.