College Campus Life
Maintaining Healthy Relationships
Relationships aren't always easy …especially in college where you may face all kinds of relationship challenges that can be stressful to navigate such as roommate issues, sorority sisters, dorm and other friendships, casual dating, serious dating, and sex. Women in particular face unique relationship issues on campus. We often feel like we are traversing through a land mine. Whether you are involved in intramural sports, student organizations or Greek life, learn how to maintain healthy relationships so you can successfully deal with whatever comes up and have an amazing college experience.
In this riveting program, Shari will inspire participants to:
• Master Healthy College Relationships
• Fully Experience Campus Life Safely
• Enrich Personal Relationships-Set Clear Boundaries
• Explore the Pressures Facing Young Women Today
• Engage Young Women to Support Each Other
• Friends Don't Leave Friends Behind-Protecting Women
• Triumph Through Awareness & Action
• Amplify Speaking Up & Speaking Out Safely
• Galvanize Risk Reduction-Alcohol/Drugs
• Activate Perseverance & Bravery
• Understand Enabling
• Deepen Self Awareness and Awareness of Others
• Recognizing if You Are in an Abusive Relationship
• Are you a #Me Too-Campus Sexual Assault, Sexual Violence, Date Rape
• Master Adversity
• Discover Your Inner Wonder Woman
• Enliven Emotional Wellness and Physical Well Being
• Construct a Community of Strong Women
As the Founder of the socially conscious empowerment nonprofit, ROAR as ONE, Shari Karney reveals her mission to promote positive, empowering messages for girls and women. Through her experience as a TV personality, attorney and legal pundit she understands first hand, the unique pressures facing girls and women today. Shari intimately shares her personal life story of triumph after sexual assault. She delves into current challenges facing college women on campuses across America today.
Shari is passionate about her dream and vision for a new world where women are respected, honored, and empowered. Where women join together to ROAR as ONE, (Rise, Organize, Act against Rape, Sexual Assault, Sexual Harassment, Sexual Disrespect) to create a civil rights movement that protects women and children from sexual assault, sexual violence, sexual misconduct and disrespect. Where there are consistent consequences for sexually violating a woman whether that woman be a young college student, young entrepreneur, intimate other, employee, intern, family member or friend. Her battle cry (S.H.E.) to unite women, ignite a revolution and to reconstruct a community of strong women supporting one another to create civil rights for survivors is riveting, authentic, heartwarming, passion-inducing and nothing short of infectious. Her motto will quickly become your own, "Speak. Heal. Empower—Together We Can"
While there is endless media attention about the problem of campus sexual assault, sexual harassment, sexual disrespect, child sexual abuse, violence, few people are discussing tangible solutions. In this amazing and life changing presentation, Shari Karney starts what becomes an ongoing dialogue, asking young women the simple question, "What kind of woman do you want to be?" Shari goes much deeper than simply making audiences aware of the issues. Through tangible action, grassroots civil rights movement and community collaboration, Shari shares how to be verbal, visible and victorious.